PDA

View Full Version : have OCD, parents wont help.

babygirl123
05-04-2011, 09:21 PM
When I was about nine my doctor diagnosed me with general anxiety disorder and OCD, my parents figured it was a phase.
it was horrible, I couldn't sleep at night, i'd bawl for hours and get that horrible feeling like everything was closing in on me and I couldn't breathe and I'd shake like crazy.
it's 8 years later and my parents are still doing nothing.
i've asked to see a therapist but they think it's just "not a good idea"
i've been taking these herbs they found from some weird internet source, they help my panic attacks! but not my need to clean every object I touch or that jittery uncomfortable feeling I have day to day.

what do I do? I want help but they wont help me.
In fact when I have a panic attack they usually tell me to grow up.
i'll bawl and shake and I can't breathe and I faint or collapse and they say "quit it!"

someone just tell me what to do.

belle64
05-05-2011, 04:44 AM
Hello, is there anyone else you could ask for help? Like a relative or family friend, someone who will take it seriously? Probably the reason for your parents ignorance is because they don't understand it. I'm 21 and I keep all my fears and anxiety disorder away from my family, I don't tell my mum because I think she'll just say stop being stupid, I even lie about going to the doctors, silly thing is I know by doing this I'm only making it harder 4 myself! I hope this helps
BELLE

Robbed
05-05-2011, 06:03 AM
If you are in school, you MAY have some resources there. Pretty much every high school has a school nurse. And some high schools even have psychologists.