PDA

View Full Version : Depression or anxiety??or both

tucker12
05-04-2011, 07:31 AM
I am a 25 year old female, and for the past year i have been having episodes where i am fine for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden i feel down, and i dont want to do anything, i can fall asleep but i wake up 3 hours before i should be waking up and then i lay in bed feeling very anxious and nervous for no apparent reason. I feel anxious all day long and have negative thoughts like I am going mentally insane, this will last for about 2 weeks and then it goes away and comes back a few weeks later. But now it seems to be staying and not going away, i am trying to deal with on my own but it just keeps getting worse that i think i should go on meds.

Please if anyone could give me some advice on whats going on it would really help!

Jaseis
05-04-2011, 07:42 AM
I cant offer advice that is healthy but I can offer someone to listen if you need it. Everything you've said is exactly the same I go through. Bad and good weeks. I'm telling you now, it will go away. The key for me has always been distraction, but I just can't at the moment. I'm angry and upset and most of all frustrated.
I hope you find the answers you're looking for

tucker12
05-04-2011, 07:45 AM
Thanks,
Ya when it goes away its great but the fear is always there that its going to come back and i will have to deal with this for the rest of my life...and i wont be able to:(

Jaseis
05-04-2011, 10:12 AM
I tnk that's one of the hardest things to come to terms with..I know I haven't yet. I often feel this is going to make me crazy and I will lose control of my own mind. One of my worst fears is never being able to sleep again. Sometimes I treat the fear as a person, I will literally swear and curse at it. Thats when I'm having a good week and I know it sounds crazy, but it helps. My anxiety is my devil, but sometimes my saviour...I know its hard to believe but anxiety can stop you from taking stupid risks, getting hurt by people, going to dangerous places...it's stopped me from doing drugs in the past, which made my non-anxious friends very ill.

murdoch
05-06-2011, 05:53 AM
By trying meditation and Yoga exercises such ills can be reduced considerably. If you don't want to talk with any doctor that you should try these things.