PDA

View Full Version : Depression or anxiety??or both

tucker12
05-04-2011, 06:52 AM
For the past year i have been having episodes where i am fine for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden i feel down, and i dont want to do anything, i can fall asleep but i wake up 3 hours before i should be waking up and then i lay in bed feeling very anxious and nervous for no apparent reason. I feel anxious all day long and have negative thoughts like I am going mentally insane, this will last for about 2 weeks and then it goes away and comes back a few weeks later. But now it seems to be staying and not going away, i am trying to deal with on my own but it just keeps getting worse that i think i should go on meds.

Please if anyone could give me some advice on whats going on it would really help!

mc steamy
05-16-2011, 08:58 AM
hi tucker, it seems you do have both anxiety and depression. would you know why you feel sad? there could be many factors not just one. it could be a lot of little things. i had the same experience when i was depressed. i couldnt get good sleep and i would wake up early in the morning and worry about things and would just pray and hopefully get back to sleep.

and back then i didnt know what depression really meant. its only now that i realize that i was depressed back then. now i have chronic depression and anxiety. taking medication since 2006 most of the time it helps. but there would be days, weeks, and sometimes months that i would be in a rut where i have to fight so hard to get out of it.

try to see a doctor about your symptoms especially if you feel hopeless already. but if you can fight it on your own without medication then do so.

hope this helps

meganjo
05-23-2011, 03:39 AM
nothing to worry tucker.. depression and anxiety both can be cured easily, consult your general physician and get cleared about your dilemma.

drug rehab (http://www.soberrecovery.com)