PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Lhoy
05-01-2011, 11:07 AM
I am new to all of this, so here is a little about myself. I recently started to think that I am dealing with a lot of anxiety and possible had my first anxiety attack the other night. I am currently going through some major leagal problems and being accused of doing something that I didn't do. Anyway, I am on edge ALL THE TIME. I can't concentrate on anything without this legal problem and possible punishment creeping into my head. I can't sleep most of the time and when I do, it's hard to fall asleep or I wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep. And on the rare occasion I can sleep through the night, I don't wanna get out of bed. I am jittery most of the time and feel like I could cry at any time. About the possible anxiety attack, I was up late one night and thought I would go take a warm shower to maybe help me relax enough to go to sleep. I was in the bathroom with the shower running waiting for it to warm up when my mind started to wander. I started to cry and rocking back and forth. I had shortness of breath and felt tingly and jittery. I couldn't my breath. This went on for at least 25 mins before I went and woke my husband up at 3 am. I just couldn't calm myself down or catch my breath for another maybe 10 mins. He sat with me and comforted me enought to where I finally calmed down. I felt nauseous also at this time.
Right now, I am feeling very anxious and short of breath with some tightness in my chest.
I joined this forum to hopefully get some help and maybe some more info about anxiety disorders. I think I also suffer from some depression, as I was diagnosed with it after my first child was born but still deal with some of the same feelings 5 years later.