PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help , Heres my Symptoms

theguy
04-28-2011, 04:12 AM
my details:
16 yrs male, student, healthy(except for the anxiety part) non smoking , no drugs normal teen).
i have these anxiety problems for like years now since i was 12 or 13 yrs old.
here's the symptoms i have from the sticky symptom list.

*Throbbing sensation in head
( i think its adrenaline rush , )
* Burning Sensations throughout the body
* Excess of energy, you feel you can’t relax
* Feeling cold or chilled
* Muscle twitching
* Neck, back, shoulder pain, tightness/stiffness
* Numbness or tingling in hands, feet, face, head, or any other places on the body
* Persistent muscle tension, stiffness
* Sweating, uncontrollable profuse sweating (armpits)
* Trembling or shaking (stage fear , when im on stage or performing which i try to avoid as much as possible)
* Heart – beating hard or too fast, rapid heartbeat, palpitations ( i can hear it , really fast , as fast as when you'd sprint 200m and back, and my face and hands turn red)
* Emotions feel wrong
* A heightened fear of what people think of you
* Fear of losing control
* Fear of being in public
* Fear of making mistakes or making a fool of yourself to others
* Fears about irrational things, objects, circumstances, or situations
* Heightened self awareness, or self-consciousness
* Fear of going crazy
* Frequent feeling of being overwhelmed, or that there is just too much to handle or do
* Repetitive thinking or incessant ‘mind chatter’
* Underlying anxiety, apprehension, or fear
* Frequently being on edge or 'grouchy'
* Frequently feel like crying for no apparent reason
* Feeling Worried All the Time. (Like Paranoia)
* Underlying anxiety, apprehension, or fear
* You feel like you are under pressure all the time
* Choking
* Constipation(alot sometimes i'll be so worried that i just cannot release my bowels even if i try to, and i usually skip going to the bathroom in those circumstances, not that i want to ,)
* Lack of appetite or taste
* The thought of eating makes you nauseous
* Tight throat, lump in throat
* Difficulty swallowing
* Frequent upset stomach, bloating, gaseous
* Waking up in a panic attack (rarely, but thats if im worried about something and i forgot what i had to do which was important , and then i remember and i wake up having a panic attack)

• Harming yourself or someone you love uncontrollably
• Being embarrassed or making a fool out or yourself
• Losing control
• Being alone

im not sure if i missed anything , twitching , i also get anxious when i have to go out in public . i live a Sedentary lifestyle. i can be alone in public but when someone approaches me to ask for something or some situation occurs, i tense up because i dont know them , "fear of strangers or friends who i have'nt met for a long time".

my veins pop out when i get these attacks or when im in these situations , lips tremble , and my head feels like its throbbing , like an adrenaline rush or something.
i have a phobia of people who i don't know especially women.
also i feel really embarrassed when i make a mistake in public and it feels like everyone's yelling to me "ITS YOUR FAULT, ITS YOUR FAULT!"......

just1
04-28-2011, 06:25 AM
Woah.... You've got real problems. I wasn't expecting to hear all of that from a 16 years old male. Anyways, I never suggest going to a professional, but based on your problems, I think going to a professional is the best thing to do. I am no expert so I really don't know what to say. I try to give good advice but I honestly think that going to a psychiatrist or a counselor is the best thing for you.

If you don't want to talk to anybody about your problems (which is totally normal) I suggest you check out Panic Puzzle. It's a book that focuses on getting rid of all that depression, anxiety, and nervousness. You can see it being promoted all over this forum. The reason why this forum is promoting it is because it really is a great book filled with audio lessons and PDF files. If you don't see the banner on this page, just visit the link here- http://tinyurl.com/panicpuzzlecd

I hope I helped and I hope you get the book...:)

God Bless

theguy
04-28-2011, 10:45 AM
thanks for the reply, i know im in bad shape....is there anything which is free? the panic puzzle thing is 67$. i want to help myself but i cannot find the info i need to help my psych problems...

LynnB
04-28-2011, 09:29 PM
I'd talk to you parents and see if they can make an appointment for you to see a therapist. I know that's not always an easy thing to do. I've suffered from depression and anxiety since I was nine. I had a lot of problems back then and they actually hospitalized me because I tried to hurt myself. I was afraid to say anything to anyone even then. When I got home, I just stuffed it all inside and have ever since. In retrospect, I really wish I had let someone help me back then. That was a long time ago and I've had a lot of unhappiness since then, trying to pretend everything is fine.

Your symptoms actually sound a lot like mine, though someone of yours definitely sound more intense than mine. I've been dealing with my anxiety most of my life. I'm happy I have a great therapist to help me now, but sure wish I would have gotten help earlier. Good luck.

tinted
04-29-2011, 08:00 AM
Hi, I had quite a lot of symptoms like you do,but some of them where caused by a deficiency.So appart from going to a therapy (I tried that I t did nt help unfortunately) I would advise you to get a blood test.I m NOT sugesting that you have something serious (I just had a bad vitamine deficiency)

EFT is free if you want to try that,there are quite good videos on utube.Also you could look into self hypnosis.
I have a fear of talking to srainger even just for paying for something in a store or taking a bus makes me really anxious.

tinted
04-29-2011, 08:03 AM
I m gonna tray and find the link to the EFT video

theguy
04-29-2011, 09:57 AM
by eft do you mean "Emotional Freedom Techniques" , will it help me or is it some spiritual advice type thing which does nothing but tells you to believe in yourself ...i need something where i can change the thought processes in my mind. going to a therapist would help but i don't think i have the courage to do that. I'm also not a fan of heavy drugs or SSRI medication ,
oh yea about the vitamin deficiency , im pretty sure i dont have a deficiency and i had my blood checked once when i got sick(few months ago 2-3, sickness was a stomach infection from some sea food i had - not related i think) , so they must have picked up on it if there was anything ....

lynn i wish i could do that but i just can't , if we were having this conversation in real life in some random public place , i would be getting a serious panic attack.
maybe when I'm older i could go without my parents knowing about it, they are too overprotective. but i dont think that would be the only cause of my anxiety , yes it would be strange , but i dont think its my underlying cause.

dont you guys ever have the feeling that your world view is a bit different from non-anxiety people but you make sure you follow your view or order (in other words social behaviour) , i get that feeling and often get a panic attack if i think I'm doing something that's either awkward or strange , and when they ask about it , it gets even more tense.....

btw thanks for replying and for the help