PDA

View Full Version : Mental Issues

itr786
04-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Firstly, I'd like to say hi, I'm new to this forum.

I've had this metal issue (I believe to be a form of anxiety) for afew years now, and as it is becoming more regular, I feel it is now time for me to really look into the best way of dealing/containing it so as to not let it dictate my life the way it is beginning to do so.

I feel bullet points are the best way to describe what I feelings when it happens, so here goes...:

My symptoms:

An initial shock feeling...

Deep sinking feeling in my stomach/chest

Very strange thoughts, I'm in a parallel world, being called in, I get very frightened, heart beat rises slightly but noticeably.

I feeling weak and helpless, and noticeably tired/drained/sleepy immediately after for afew minutes

Happened 1st time 3/4ish yrs ago whilst I had a cold/flu

I can relate it to lack of sleep. Also when suffering from cold/flu. ALSO, Happens when playing football/squash (high intensity sports?)

Its beginning to just come along now out of the blue, has happened whilst lying in bed, and driving my car afew time!?

Normally lasts for 1-2 minute(s) and then everything in back to normal (apart from feeling alittle tired/sleepy)

Beginning to happen more frequently, spells of afew days every other month. I'll have maybe 1 to 2 attacks a day during this period.

Its very difficult to describe this problem, but the above it the best I can do. Ive not been to see my GP yet, but intend to soon.

I'd like some feedback from fellow members on what they think it may be, If this problem is similar to ones you've suffered and possible thinks I can do to fix it.

Thanks for your time.
Kind regards,
Al.

lifeconfusion6179
04-26-2011, 03:06 PM
irt it seems like some symptoms of anxiety. The tiredness sleepy part can be if your just plain not sleeping well. Look and see if you are stressed as this can also be a reason. Just explain to your dr. all the symptoms and please think about it before you try and take any medication because i am certain your dr. will run straight to that. If he tells you this can be anxiety your are experiencing try and see a therapist first and talk about it. I know its cheesy but its what we all want to do when we are stressed or anxious, is to talk about it. good luck