PDA

View Full Version : New to this Forum

stressed
04-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Evening All, Just been browsing the internet for help on Anxiety and found this forum. I have been suffering with some sort of anxiety problem for over a year now, but my GP still hasnt put a name to it.

I get worked up on the slightest small things, think the worst of every situation and feel out of control with the unknown. I've been seen for having a fast heart beat about 1 year ago, was sent for an ECG and 24 hr heart monitor:- Which came back clear.

Since then I started having panic attacks. These attacks consisted of pounding heart, sweating, shaking and the fear of dying:- among other sumptoms. I get palputations most days which then starts my anxiety off again and i'm worried for rest of the day.

My GP started me on Citalopram 6 months ago and recently Phenergan to help me sleep.

Just wanted to share my experience with others and hopefully see how other people cope.

stressed
04-24-2011, 06:22 AM
Hi,

I am on 20mg Citalopram and recently been given Phenergan 25mg to help me sleeep. I am having counselling and have joined the local gym. I wake up feeling great having had a good nights sleep but slowly throughout the day I start feeling worse. Like today for examlple. Woke at 9am had a nice laying in until 10:30 got up feeling great but now I am having twinges in the chest they only last a few seconds then go completely. But it has now started me off on a downwards spiral, thinking the worse again. Was due to go out later but dont want to wander far and would rather stay in.