PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone- The anxiety has returned

ada
04-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi everyone This is my first post.
When I was about 7 years old, I was diagnosed with both obsessive compulsive disorder, and clinical depression. I was treated with Prozac and cognitive behavioral therapy. As my mother says, this combination worked wonders. Both proved effective until the Prozac began severely disturbing my sleep. I was taken off of it, and put on Zoloft, which proved to be more effective. About 5 years later, I was taken off medication completely, for I felt I had taken control of my OCD, depression, and anxiety. When I began the 9th grade, I noticed my anxiety began to return, and by the 10th grade, I had again developed full blown anxiety, as well as hypochondria. As I entered the 11th grade, I again felt as if everything was returning to normal. Now, in the 12th grade, the anxiety and OCD has returned full force, possibly worse than ever before. I have been on Zoloft 50mg daily for nearly a week now, and I have noticed no difference. I know I have not given it enough time, but I am just worried wondering how much longer I can live the way I am living. The anxiety has caused a severe decrease in my appetite, which is not helping me in my determination to gain weight. (I am underweight, not due to anorexia, but to a slim build inherited from my father)
I am looking for support, words of wisdom, anything will help. Thank you

ada
04-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Also, to add, I experienced my first panic attack very recently. At the time, I did not know that it was a panic attack. At first, my heart began to beat very fast, I had rushes of cold throughout my body, my hearing was off, I was experiencing head rushes while sitting down, I was sweating, and it was hard to breathe. My mother called the paramedics, who surprisingly did not entertain the idea of a panic attack.

lifeconfusion6179
04-23-2011, 09:58 AM
sorry you feel this way ada. Anxiety disorder is bad but panic attacks are a whole different animal. it is what has made things very difficult for me the last 2 years even though im still functioning. just a private hell for me that i am current seeing a psychiatrist for. if you have not seen a counselor or someone you can talk too i suggest you do so. It seems like from your post medicine has been the only avenue you have tried. they say the best treatment is medicine with therapy at the same time. hope this helps