PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety, Depression, Sight problems?

joshernater9
04-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Hello, im a 13 yr old guy..I'll start from the beginning, In hopes somebody will see this and help me out...

It all started about a month ago. It was about 8am and i was out of energy. I found a 5 hour energy of my sisters and i drank about half of it. I felt like i had energy for about 10 minutes then i fell asleep...I woke up at like 7pm, And then i started to feel weird...I had this on edge feeling in my stomach and i felt out of body, And my vision was weird, i found myself staring at spots, and when i watched, for example, a movie, my eyes wouldnt follow the things on screen, i would sort of just stare at one spot and zone out. And my vision was blurry, its super hard to explain. Also i felt super depressed.

My sister is a dancer and about a week after that i went to one of her recitals (i still had all my symptoms). I had yet to tell my parents....I was sitting inside in a chair with everyone else, And i felt super restless, then i started to have a panic attack and it was driving me crazy, i felt like i wasnt even there i was so out of body and my vision was super blurry...I finally told my Dad and i went outside the building and sat on the ground for a while, i was like breaking down, my chest was like pounding, felt like a heart attack, throat felt like it was closing, out of body...

The day after that i went to the doctor, it was just a normal one so she didnt really know much about that stuff. She gave me Wellbutrin SR 150mg and Buspar (15mg i believe). I went on that for a while.

My mom was visiting my other Sister in TN (im in florida) and she wanted me to come out there because she thought a "change of scenery" would help me. So about 2 weeks after the doctor visit i flew up there, still feeling the same as when this all started...

About a week after i got to TN we finally went to see a Psychiatrist that my sister had went to previously for anxiety attacks because she use to have them but she didnt take kids so we went to another one in the same building as hers. She took me off wellbutrin and put me on 10mg prozac and I took that for a couple days then she bumped me to 20mg's..

After about a week of that not doing anything and me getting back home to Florida we called back there but we ended up talking to the Psychiatrist my sister had before, She said she would help me and she said to go back down to 10mg prozac and she took me off buspar and put me on ativan (think thats how you spell that). I've been taking prozac 10mg every morning and about 1mg of ativan before bed for a couple days and i still feel almost completely out of body, i have blurry vision and like staring at things, anxious, etc...

So thats the story...Please help me, i just want to feel normal again..Inside my body...normal..

Motheroftwo
09-15-2012, 06:42 AM
All those symptoms your feeling are a complete panic attack, I have Panic disorder, so im very familiar with what it feels like, with anxiety and panic, feeling as if your body isnt real or your enviorment isnt real is a common symptom. I too get blurry vision, especially if I have a panic attack at work and have to force myself to still concentrate through it, its very hard. Im a nurse- Prozac can take up to 6weeks to really feel better, Ativan on the other had provides immediate relieve most of the time, but Ativan can also have the complete opposite effect and give you more anxiety and panic. If you notice that your anxiety increases after taking the Ativan, talk to your doctor about switching to Xanax.

Rowlz
10-19-2012, 08:59 AM
I had the same with my eyes & once I re-learned to relax I found it RARELY happened.

MegC
12-26-2012, 09:32 PM
This happened to me when I was 14. ( now 30)...... I smoked some marijuana and had a total out of body experience! Felt like I was not real, like I was in the beginning of dream state, but had no idea what was going on around me! Just in my own head was panic! And scared! This attack lasted almost a year! No one understood me, and I was scared to even tell anyone how I felt cuz I thought they would think I was crazy. I'm not ex actually sure what got me out of this, but I never again smoked weed nor have I done any other drug. I changed what I was doing, the people I was around, and tried to go back to what made me happy! At the time, actually up until last year, I had no idea this was even a panic attack. I read in a book about another girl who did the exact same thin as me and she was having a panic attack. I think you should try some calming techniques, do something that makes you happy, try to relax! Mine was being with my family, and not with the people that reminded me of this time! I also have God in my life. But to this day, I will not even drink a soda because of the caffeine! I suggest you stay away from it also! It's terrible for people with anxiety! I hope this helps, I just wanted you to know I get what you ate experiencing !!! It happened I me and you are not alone!!! Please let me know if there are any other ways I can help you!!!

jspunky
04-02-2013, 05:31 AM
I understand completely! Especially the outer body thing & just staring at stuff like a zombie, I just stare like I'm not alive or something. I also take prozac 20mg , it hasn't helped that much..
anyways, I hope you get back to normal soon!:)

bestfriend12-
11-12-2014, 12:05 PM
not exactly sure by way of eyesight. have heard so many things

BWACIT
12-01-2014, 11:49 PM
It was the drink. If you weren't used to having that in your body, than it reacted and thought of the new substance as a virus of sorts. It put a lot of your body (Mind and Eyes) into a sort of protection/hyper nation mode. Your eyes can't focus clearly I
And your mind gets overwhelmed easily. The best way to make it go away? Either:
A. Just stay calm and wait it out
B. If your parents let you, drink coffee and nothing else for a day or so. (I know it sounds stupid but trust me it works :) )
C. Get a lot of rest!

And finally..ditch the medicine and LAY OFF THE CAFFINATED DRINKS!

missedlink
07-24-2015, 11:07 AM
don't do substances that alter yourself, you will totally regret it