PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Feelings

Lanster9
04-20-2011, 06:05 PM
New to forum. I need some reassurance. I have been diagnosed with anxiety around Christmas 2010. I have dealing with symptoms since Thanksgivings. I was put on Lexapro from my family doctor and my wife talked me into going and talking to a therapist. It really helped. About 3 weeks ago I finally started to feel normal (like a million bucks) but in the last 5 or 6 days back with all symptoms again. I have all the symptoms that are listed on the forum. My wife has been GREAT through this whole thing, but I am getting very frustrated. I just want to know if it normal to go in and out of these stages every so many weeks? Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Ratzinger
04-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Lanster,

Yup yup yup! It is normal for anxiety to come and go. Have a scan through the forums and you will see lots of stories of people talking about how their anxiety comes and goes. I have had mine since around the same as you, and I keep having stages where I think I'm over it, and then it comes back and hits me out of the blue. It seems like anxiety is something you don't beat overnight, but its more of a journey to shake it off! Just remember that it is only anxiety, and you've beaten it before, and can beat it again!