PDA

View Full Version : requesting tips, on what to do when i start to feel anxious please

richy1991
04-17-2011, 02:25 PM
hey all

i need some tips on what to do when im feeling anxious
ill try anything

any tip will be much appreciated
thanks
richy

DustinRyan
04-17-2011, 02:28 PM
When I begin to feel anxious I try and do something that will require my full attention. Adverting your attention from whatever is making you anxious, to something else usually helps. I also take hot baths as well, usually relax me!

richy1991
04-17-2011, 03:09 PM
yeah im great at distracting myself but i often feel sad/guilt at the end of the distraction

yes i am scared of it alot

i just wanted to find a routine to do when i feel like im about to freak out

cheers
richy

richy1991
04-17-2011, 04:12 PM
im scared of whats happening to me, im scared that it just comes when it wants, im scared i wont get better and so on

yes it most likely does which is why i just need some type of routine

cheers
richy

richy1991
04-17-2011, 05:11 PM
erm i would have to say the lose of normality

how will i learn to change them?

richy1991
04-18-2011, 06:31 AM
okay thanks

i will have a go at finding them and ill try and change them
is it okay if i post them on here for help with changing of them, or is it something i hav to do

i ment normal as in just getting on with my life, not having to worry about distracting myself all the time to keep my mind from thinking

cheers
richy

richy1991
04-18-2011, 09:16 AM
cheers kev

i will get to writing them down asap

yeah i understand, i need to stop fearing it
i dont know why i fear it tho cause i know it cant halm me and it never does, yet for some reason i still fear it
probs becasue i dont know what caused it all

cheers
richy

richy1991
04-19-2011, 02:43 AM
hey kev

iv had a good think about my thaughts over the last day and these are what i came up with

-whats wrong with me
-will i ever get better
-am i getting worse
-is it coming back
-is there a way out
-is my girlfriend causing all of this

iv had ago at changing them but i have been able to get anywhere

also something made me think yesterday, i was in the park with my girlfriend just having a walk when we both spotted a family, husband, wife and two young children.
as we saw them we both aww'd at the little kids, then seconds later i started to cry. i cried because the kids looked soo happy, and the family as a whole look soo happy and all that was running through my head was "that could have been me"

This has happened on a number of occasions now, it once happened when my cousins brought there new born babies over to our house
its happen when i saw a baby when i was waiting in the doctors for my appointment, etc.

could i not be over the abortion, which maybe causing all of this?

cheers richy

gaara
04-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Rich, let me ask you something.

How is your relationship with your GF currently..are there a lot of fights? Have there been some significant fights in the past? How do you feel about your GF currently?

Now try and think back and answer this question for me:

I know you mentioned your gf had an abortion and you got over that...so think back to AFTER the abortion and tell me what was going on that made you get up one day and you were feeling anxious/depressed.

JaneB
04-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Whenever I start feeling anxious, I pop some B vitamins, splash a little cold water on my face and try to think of something I'm looking forward to - to put myself in a happier place. I always have to have a vacation or something coming up in the future so I have that happy place to look forward to.

richy1991
04-20-2011, 01:55 PM
cheers kev, i am going to re read your reply a few times so i can get my head around it

gaara - its pretty good, only thing that is effecting it atm is my anxiety, we have had stupid amounts of arguments in the past but we dont argue much anymore, if we do argue, its over my anxiety. i fear she is causing it but i have to stop that and i will do with the help kev has been giving me.
erm i spent along time with my girlfriend and the evening we had to part i just broke down

janeB - i dont have vit b supps but i will try the other 2 things, cheers