PDA

View Full Version : online anxiety test

clay
04-15-2011, 07:45 PM
hey... we all know it is just one of those unreliable online tests, etc etc but I did find the questions somewhat thought provoking or at least thought-clarifying... if you know what I mean
http://www.testcafe.com/anx/anx.html

my result was 45. which is moderate anxiety. probably about right. I could be worse I suppose but I definitely has abnormal anxiety issues, in my opinion, from my point of view.

warning - just so you aren't disappointed at the end, it will ask for money to get the "full report". but it does give you a little mini-description based on your result.

clay
04-15-2011, 07:51 PM
oh bugger... my husband did the test too and he also got 45. I wonder if it even tallies anything or if the result is complete nonsense and everyone gets the same result... granted, my husband does suffer from some anxiety but I really think I would come out far worse than him on any sort of scale.

TallTeenTurtle
04-16-2011, 01:45 AM
I got a 52, so that is at least diffrent than the others right. I dunno how acurate it is, since I feel I have more than moderate anxiety, but whatevs.

clay
04-16-2011, 06:03 AM
I got 21

The problem with these test is the Have you ever ??

So if you answer then honestly and you could say yes to something from 20 years ago then it reads the same as if you answered yes for yesterday .

yeah, I did find that on a few questions. one question actually said in the question the word "recently" but one of the answers was like "a long time ago" or something like that. I was like... well if it happened a long time ago, it wouldn't be recent....

Robbed
04-17-2011, 03:53 PM
One thing I noticed is that this test seems to group together questions relating to different aspects of anxiety disorder (ie social anxiety, OCD, PTSD, etc). The problem here is that some of the questions asked may relate to different types of anxiety disorder. For instance, someone might say that they can't see themselves ever getting married or having a career if they have social anxiety. But this question was grouped under PTSD. If you are just looking for an anxiety score, this may not be a big deal. However, if you paid for the analysis of your results, it would probably point you toward a problem with PTSD rather than social anxiety.