PDA

View Full Version : Counseling Woes

House Dad
04-14-2011, 04:12 PM
I just saw my counselor for the first time in a week and a half. I believe I was feeling pretty good about my life other than some stupidity induced panic attacks the past few days that I was getting under control quite well. Since my session today I now feel more anxious than I did before I saw her. Is this a good sign that I should seek help elsewhere? Should I give in and take the prescribed meds and deal with it? I'm so frustrated right now....

Robbed
04-14-2011, 05:05 PM
What did your counselor say that bothered you? Sometimes, getting into a sensitive subject that needs to be dealt with increases anxiety temporarily. And this is not necessarily a bad thing. But if you feel anxious because your counselor was being a 'drug pusher', then you need to seek help elsewhere. I don't know whether this is what was happening. But when you mention 'giving in', taking medication, and 'dealing with it', it sure sounds like your counselor was doing this. Remember, making a therapist happy is probably one of the WORST reasons to take medication.