PDA

View Full Version : new member, 1st post, scared and frustrated

jonsavage
04-13-2011, 10:22 PM
Does this sound like anxiety and do any of you have similar symptoms?

About 10 years ago while driving I had my first ever symptom. It felt as if my throat started closing up on me. It lasted only a few hours and went away for some time. Through the years since, it has come and gone. lasting a few days to a week then being absent for a few weeks.

About a year ago, I started getting occasional ringing in my ears with a similar pattern as the throat symptoms mentioned above.....come and go.

about a year or 2 ago, I started getting an annoying burning sensation on the tip of my tounge that would also come and go with a similar pattern as the above mentioned symptoms.

I have always been a pretty quiet, low key kind of guy. but lately I feel a little lower. maybe because of the symptoms. But also, I have been recently getting these giddy bursts of energy where I feel like running laps and just being the most goofy , outgoing person. it only lasts a few minutes and Im back down again.

Now lately things have gotten scary and frequent. the ringing in my ears has been non stop for about 4 weeks now. The only relief I have is the first 30 minutes after I wake up. 3 weeks ago I was hospitalized with what I thought was a heart attck, the Doctors said everything looked good and they put me on prilosec for heart burn. The chest pains went away a few days later but have returned on occasion in a more mild form.

On monday night, the constant loud ringing in my ears really got to me and may have pushed me over the edge. I broke down bawling like a child for no reason and started hyper ventilating. I was able to settle myself down by taking deep breaths and just trying to relax, then BAM, it would hit again. This went on for about an hour.

Tonight as I type this, my throat feels tight, my ears are ringing and the tip of my tounge is on fire. The one thing I have noticed in all of these symptoms is they completely dissapear when Im doing something I love. If Im out fishing alone or out target shooting alone, I feel like nothing is wrong with me at all. Thats what has me thinking this might be anxiety related.

Sorry for the poorly written random story, I guess it's just a sign of my recent frustrations and fears. Any replies to any of this would be greatly appreciated. I just need someone to talk to about this stuff. Thanks for listening

Jon