PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help/ relate to my anxiety?

raz
09-29-2006, 03:20 AM
This is my first post so hi everyone. I'm on here because I have anxiety and the thing that seems to make me most anxious is strangely: my boyfriend. Weve been going out for a year and I've had anxiety for about 9 months. Sometimes when I see a picture of him or when I'm with him I start to feel very anxious or I'll get a jolt of nervousness through my stomach. I think the reason behind me getting this is because I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing by going out with him, the only other thing is, is that when the anxiety cools off for a little while I think to myself, how could I have been so stupid as to think those thoughts and to have doubts, were a great match, so I get very confused and cry about it because I think I might have to leave him but then think how bad that would be. I really would like it if someone could reply even if they dont have anxiety about people etc, because I feel very alone with my problem and feel like I'm going to have to suffer with it alone for the rest of my life or something :( please respond if you can.

Andy_14
10-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Raz, I have no idea who you are and I have never met your boyfriend. BUT if you have never been an anxious person outside of this relationship I would recommend that you trust your instincts on this one. If you are not anxious about anything except your boyfriend, if you have never been anxious about any former boyfriends, but you are about this one you need to listen to your instincts.

Worst case scenario: Your boyfriend is narcissistic. He appears to be an amazing charismatic intelligent sparkling person. But in subtle ways he undermines your self esteem and independence. Life seems boring without him around and you dread the idea of standing as one of the grey drab people in the crowd. He makes you fell alive and special, losing him would condemn you to a boring grey life. Narcissistic people suck the life out of completly normal people. They are human black holes.

raz
10-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey, thanks for the reply but the thing is I recently found out that a friend of a friend had the same thing. After a while she decided that the anxiety she was having seemed to have no foundation so riskily, she decided to ignore it, completely disregarded it and eventually it went away and she stayed with her boyfriend. Then once it started to come back and she thought, no Ive got rid of this before, so she pushed it away and stopped herself thinking about it and it hasnt returned since. So thats the route i decided to take and so far I feel metaphorically speaking as though the huge cloud of fog Ive been in for the last five months is starting to clear, slowly but surely and i can see that everything is going to work out. Maybe something will come up one day that means we wont go out with each other anymore but for now breaking up with someone who is so right for me seems wrong when its based on a nervous and irrational feeling that seems to get worse when i let it manifest in my head. Also I dont feel as though Im pushing my true feelings aside by ignoring this anxiousness either because im really just thinking now that its a load of nonsense. Basicly I let things get out of hand in my head... so to speak. Anyway thanks.

randyttp
11-03-2006, 05:11 AM
sounds typical. Especially if your thinking thoughts of long-term and marriage.. could make anyone anxious if they are with the right person or not. :D I hope its just as simple as that.