PDA

View Full Version : Tea recommendations!

Ratzinger
04-07-2011, 06:18 PM
So, it's that time of night where I have a cup of herbal tea designed to send me to sleep. The tea I am drinking (Clippers) does do its job in sending me to sleep, but it is pretty horrible and tastes of perfume!

Can anyone recommend any good tasting brands of relaxing tea that I can pick up here in the UK, herbal or otherwise? Ideally, I'd get one that tastes of vanilla, but I'll settle for one that doesn't make me feel like I'm drinking my Mum's perfume!

Thanks in advance

ValPalBronco
04-08-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm in the States and not sure what's over there, but if you have Sleepy TimeTea it's great! Smells and tastes great and is so relaxing! The brand is "Celestial Seasonings."

Ratzinger
04-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks! Apparently Sainsburys do it in England, so I might check that out! Thanks so much!

vintage1
04-09-2011, 05:56 AM
I may have to try this sleepy tea. Sometimes I wake in the middle of the night with instant anxiety so I would be willing to give anything a go. :)

Robbed
04-09-2011, 06:38 AM
I know that, in these 'sleepy time' sorts of teas, chamomile is typically the main active ingredient. But I don't know what other active ingredients any specific brand of tea may contain. Anyway, if all you can find is plain chamomile tea, this might be something to try.

gaara
04-09-2011, 03:37 PM
I heard good things about L-Theanine..apparently it's the stuff in Green Tea that calms you down. It's supposed to work within 30 minutes of taking it apparently..I'm going to pick some up soon and see if it works.

Ratzinger
04-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks guys, I will investigate all of those!