PDA

View Full Version : hello everybody

MizzJuli
09-23-2006, 06:50 PM
hi! *waves*

im 21 and have social phobia lol

ever since my car accident when i was 12.. i had over 20 psychologists psychiatrists.. and ya.. i'm still the same ..

i came on here to find some people who are my age that have the same thing as me... to have somebody to tlak to .. because i dont have any friends left really .. in real lol

by the way . yes i am very honest. as you can tell lol

MizzJuli
09-23-2006, 06:52 PM
oh and i have panic attacks almost everyday all day.. for anything really .. EVEN if im not thinking about anything at the moment it just comes out of nowhere.. where i cant breathe at all.. and have to take Ativan.. which helps alot!!.. so i recooment that to anybody that has really severe panic attacks...

shoe
09-26-2006, 02:30 PM
hi MizzJuli *waves back*

I've also had anxiety since around 12, and have seen a number of psychologists/psychiatrists. Not quite as many as 20 tho, wow :o

If you have panic attacks all the time, sounds more like you have Panic Disorder or GAD.. but I could be wrong. If what u say about 'all the time' is mainly around other people than that could still be just social phobia. And hmm, I guess you can have more than one anxiety disorder.

btw, Ativan didn't seem to help me. But Klonopin (generic = Clonazepam) has helped me tremendously, and I am so grateful for it. I've tried SSRI's and they've done nothing near what benzodiazepines (like Ativan, Klonpin, and Valium) can do to calm my nerves and get me in a calm state.

welcome to the board :)
shoe