PDA

View Full Version : i need some advice please

richy1991
04-04-2011, 01:54 PM
hey all

okay i am in the 4th month of my "illness" and i am confusing myself because i am being told loads of different things

as far as my anxiety goes, i think i know what caused it, i have been going out with my girlfriend for half a year now and we have been through alot already, we have had loads of arguments and have been through an abortion, at the same time as all this was going on, my brother fell ill again and had to be took back to hospital. i remeber crying to a friend about how everything was going wrong and i was soo emotional/sad at this point in m life, this was around mid december last year. all of this gave me hugh amounts of stress and worry which caused my anxiety which started at the start of this year

okay so 3 months on i have gotten over the abortion and my bro is better, also me and my gf dont seriously argue anymore, the only stressful thing in my life is having this "illness"

i do feel my body is starting to calm down but i do have my ups and downs

however i went to see my psychologist for the second time 2day, he just wants me to concentrate on what makes me anxious, i try and give reasons but i struggle because the anxious/sad feelings come on randomly

so i just dont know where to go from here
has anyone got any advice for me?

thanks
richy

gaara
04-04-2011, 03:43 PM
dude.

i'm going to be frank and to teh point.

I don't understand why people like you and others don't challenge or ask these very questions you ask here on the forums to your psychiatrists/psychologist.

If they say something taht confuses you or that you don't agree with CHALLENGE THEM. Say, WAIT A MINUTE, THERE ISN'T A SINGLE CAUSE THAT I CAN THINK OF THAT CAUSES MY ANXIETY SO WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME TO FOCUS ON WHAT MAKES ME ANXIOUS WHEN IT CAN BE ANYTHING?

I haven't seen a professional yet but i am in the "system" and waiting for my appt but I do have a sh!tload of questions and a sh!tload of challenges i'd like to introduce to them.

Look, i'm not saying start an argument with them, or challenge them for the sake of "proving the system wrong" but challenge them FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT. They say something that seems dumb to you, then say "look, i really don't understand why you're telling me this when it really has no relevance" their answer to that may do 1 of 2 things. Either clarify whatever their point was, or make you even more confused in which case you ask even more questions until you understand them or they see the flaw in what they said.

You have to tell them your exact thought processes and your reactions to the answers they're giving you. Staying quiet will get you nowhere and cost you more time/money.

FORWELLS:

I've taken the tyrosine/magnesium, vit b and multivatimin for a month and a week now and did not notice any benefit from it which is odd. I'm going to try L-Theanine, I heard that helps a lot so i'll give that a wirl. I still feel flat and emotionless a lot of the time when i'm not anxious/depressed about my situation.

Anyway, richard, you sound a lot like me man so i;m being completely frank and to the point with you. Ask questions, challenge what they say if their response makes no sense to you.

richy1991
04-05-2011, 08:36 AM
well im just confused because i feel i have sorted everything out now but i still feel "wired" a fair bit of the time

to start off with i was told by forwells and a load of other people that this is all caused by stress, i had a hard time believing this because i didnt think myself as being stressed
i was looking at stress i the wrong way, i thought i use to get stressed when i got noob tubed on call of duty or when i couldnt land a dance move, things like that buy looking back on it all, yes i was stressed over the things i mentioned above

but as for arguments with my gf, every couple has them and tbh we dont have big arguments anymor
as for the abortion, enough time has passed and iv got over it, yes it hurts to think about it but i look forward to the future when i will eventually hav a child
as for my brother, he has been out of hospital for a while now and seems alot better

so all these stessful things i feel have been resovled, the only stressful thing now is this endless "illness"
i can feel my body destressing as time goes by so im guessing i just have to wait?

also what can i do when im feeling anxious/sad? like what will ease these feelings?

as for my psychologist, i will be questioning all this the next time i see him on the 26th

cheers
richy

gaara
04-05-2011, 08:50 AM
well im just confused because i feel i have sorted everything out now but i still feel "wired" a fair bit of the time

to start off with i was told by forwells and a load of other people that this is all caused by stress, i had a hard time believing this because i didnt think myself as being stressed
i was looking at stress i the wrong way, i thought i use to get stressed when i got noob tubed on call of duty or when i couldnt land a dance move, things like that buy looking back on it all, yes i was stressed over the things i mentioned above

but as for arguments with my gf, every couple has them and tbh we dont have big arguments anymor
as for the abortion, enough time has passed and iv got over it, yes it hurts to think about it but i look forward to the future when i will eventually hav a child
as for my brother, he has been out of hospital for a while now and seems alot better

so all these stessful things i feel have been resovled, the only stressful thing now is this endless "illness"
i can feel my body destressing as time goes by so im guessing i just have to wait?

also what can i do when im feeling anxious/sad? like what will ease these feelings?

as for my psychologist, i will be questioning all this the next time i see him on the 26th

cheers
richy

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that you're labeled with "anxiety". Now, when I first joined this site I didn't know anything about anxiety really and didn't really care to and just wanted advice for my personal situation(relationship stuff). Everything else in my life was normal.

Well, time went by and I got over it and didn't really think about anxiety or this forum(no offense, you guys did offer some great advice). Well after things got bad and then I started thinking maybe I actually DO have an anxiety disorder..not just anxiety related to my relationship.

That's when I spun out of control, reading some of the stories here, some of the stories elsewhere I basically made myself have an anxiety disorder. I don't know what's what anymore and find myself thinking about this 24/7 for the last few months..non-stop.

It's become automatic and i've forgot who I was before all this which is making things even more worse.

I think you and I have become accustomed to not fighting our own battles anymore and just relying on this place and the internet to fix the problem right away. I think a lot of that has to do with that we're just exhausted mentally and sometimes physically and just want a straight answer. When we don't get one, we think it'll never go away and keep coming back here/internet for more advice that we already know and the cycle just keeps going on and on.