PDA

View Full Version : feeling fake

bri_scared_
04-02-2011, 09:57 PM
I hate hiding my anxiety and ocd from people. It pushes it further down and makes my nights more miserable. How am I. Supposed to cope during the day? My ocd causes me to scratch everything. Its so embarrassing to have scratches. luckily I have kittens who are unfortunately blamed. I can't take hiding it during the day. I can convice my emotions to be stable but my brain and body are constantly freaking out. My body shakes all the time but its like an inside shake.

I need advice. Help!

amandacv86
04-02-2011, 10:10 PM
I feel the same way. My boss knows and after I miss work I get a ton of questions and comments, which is why I have this fear of going back to work when I miss a day. Sometimes I think I would feel better just telling people, but then I would get more negative comments. Somehow people thinking I'm unreliable is better than them thinking I'm crazy or faking it... don't know why.

Sorry I can't help.:(

bri_scared_
04-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Its nice to know I'm not the only one! I get awful migraines that cause me to stay in bed all day. No one at my job understands what it feels like. Trying to hide this from work almost causes me more anxiety then if I was just my nervous anxious self. I just can't bare to see peoples reaction. I don't want them to ask questions about why I'm like this or any questions really.

You are helping. I need support. I've lacked support for the past 6 years of feeling like this.

Thank you.

amandacv86
04-02-2011, 10:43 PM
None of my coworkers know and my family doesn't know about how bad it is. I wish I could just return to work without anyone saying anything, and like I never missed a day.

bri_scared_
04-02-2011, 10:47 PM
I wish my family didn't know. They know, they just don't care. This is so hard. Acknowledging that I have this problem is so hard. Its almost to much. Everything is to much.

ValPalBronco
04-06-2011, 10:05 AM
I have a hard time everyday making myself look how other people view me, while there is a battle happening inside. It's very hard!