PDA

View Full Version : Severe Anxiety. Any recommendations?

angelhiddeninfear
03-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Well, lets start with the basics and tell you where everything got horrific. I went on the Depo Provera shot {which is a birth control}. I have always suffered from anxiety and depression {the last time I went through it was when my father passed away in 2008} , but I have never experienced this feeling until after I got off the depo. I have dispersonilization, strange dreams, back pains, leg cramps, head aches, irritability, fear of not being accepted, my relationships {including my boyfriend of 6 years} are falling apart, and I feel like everything is starting to fall in around me. I also have trouble swollowing, I get hot flashes... Lets stop there. I pretty much have most of the symptoms and I am frightened. I am on claunipin and vistril at the moment. Any suggestions as to how to cope with what is going on?

angelhiddeninfear
03-24-2011, 06:38 PM
If anyone is online and has some advice for me, I would really love to have it. I am one panicing 20 year old female that has NO IDEA what is going on.

j2005
03-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Hey Angel, hang in there...it will get better. You've been through a lot. Sounds like anxiety is coming on strong, but you can work through this.
Check out Forwells posts and you'll see his responses to others will be extremely helpful to you.
James

cmaddox421
03-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Hello Angel,

I'm experiencing the same things right now and it is pretty darn scary. I've been through it once before and it will get better. Hang in there, as I will do the same...we can beat this anxiety and panic crap. I think that reaching out here is a good step, also find someone that will listen and talk it out...

Robbed
03-28-2011, 05:47 AM
I have to admit that, as a guy, I don't really know a whole lot about feminine issues. So maybe I am not the best qualified person to answer this question for you. But I DO know a thing or two about anxiety disorder and drugs. It's not at all uncommon for a bad drug reaction to precipitate anxiety disorder. This sort of reaction is quite common with street drugs, such as LSD, amphetamines, or marijuana. But ANY drug which causes a reaction that scares the living daylights out of you has the potential to cause trouble. And if you have any other stress issues at the time, this only makes things worse. Unfortunately, once this sort of experience drives you into anxiety disorder, there is most likely no getting over things quickly. On the other hand, there is NO REASON why this anxiety has to be permanent. The best way to get over this sort of thing is to try your best to accept your current state and relax while you mind heals itself. It will take time for this to happen. And you WILL experience some temporary setbacks along the way. But you will get better with time.

You might also want to see a doctor about this. Preferably a gynecologist, or someone who knows something about the effects of birth control. This could also be a hormonal issue. But my guess is that even here, things will eventually settle with time.