PDA

View Full Version : A Quick-ish Hello

LillithsEden
09-18-2006, 08:33 PM
I just wanted to give a quick hello to introduce myself. I'm actually in the middle of a medication switch and relapse so this post will probably be a bit incoherent. I've been suffereing from Anxiety/Panic/Depression for 12-13 years. Ever since I was 16. I've had numerous small relapses over the years but was always medicated. I was taking Paxil. I finally decided it was time to go off the paxil and see what was really underneath it all. Well now I know and it's UGLY. I've been a mental wreck. Paranoid about my relationship, filled with doubt and insecurities to the extreme, mood swings, suicidal thoughts...it's just insanity. I've had good and bad days. I checked myself into the hospital last month and they put me on Lexapro. So far I don't really notice much of a change and it's been a month. This makes me think that it won't help at all. Which worries me because I can't/don't want to feel this way forever. I'm going to try some mind over matter and just barrel my way through it but it still sucks. So there's part of my story! Hello!

Angel
09-22-2006, 06:11 AM
Hey.

Anxiety/depression/mental illness runs in my family and i remember experiencing a few thigns when i was younger...like elementary younger..and then it started to kick in more my six grade year...then more my freshman year in high school. And it all eventually hit me very very hard, the day after i turned nineteen.

I think that is about as klose as a relapse as i got...which probably doesnt even kount, so i kant fully relate to you. I kould only use my past experiences with things that i DO know about, such as your medications, your depression and anxiety, and knowing how fucking bad things are bekause you have this huge obstakle that is getting in the way of you living. Kause that is exactly what all this is.

It stops you from funktioning to your full potential. Time stops and you are in purgatory on earth....except this purgatory is more like a hell.

KAll it what you want though...

But i know what tHATS like at least. And I know that you kan help yourself by forever keeping in your mind that you will get better. And its....damn im sorry i get easily distrakted some times......ill kome back to it though...

sorry.

JimLucky
09-29-2006, 07:18 AM
Try what worked before Paxil.