PDA

View Full Version : sick of this feeling

Gricinda
03-22-2011, 08:17 PM
I am new to this forum, i am 29 years old and suffer from panic disorder with agoraphobia, generalized anxiety disorder and depression. My main issue is anxiety and panic. I dont know how to deal with the feelings i have anymore. I just started going to school in the classroom, i always take online classes but this one class did not offer onlline. Today it was so bad i went to the restroom and cried. I have already missed class and that cause its only once a week. I take xanax but have been on it a year already so i only take it once day and am afreaid to take a second one for class. I leave class early i cant concentrate i shake my stomach feels tight and chest feels hard to breath, then when i leave i STILL feel this way. i dont know what to do any more i just want to be able to go to class and feel the way everyone else around me looks....normal.

sarahsings2u
10-07-2012, 06:02 PM
One of the things that helps me in this kind of situation is to really try to focus and become interested in the subject matter. Try to focus on the teacher and the lesson, try to become interested in it. When your mind starts to wonder, bring it back... Over and over. Eventually, you will realize that you just went 2 minutes, or 5 or even 10 without thinking about the anxiety. It takes practice and persistence, but I promise it helps.