PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Anxiety when on holiday/vacation abroad

j.collins250
03-18-2011, 01:20 PM

lira
03-20-2011, 05:10 AM
I miss being on a holiday/traveling. I have not been on holiday for 1 whole year. Avoiding flights and avoiding being away from home. I need to solve it also. I wish u the best of luck. I really want to visit the resort island again on holiday, with my partner (I used to travel alone before anxiety & agoraphobia occurred and it was so much fun..sigh)

rebecca
07-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Hi, I thought I was the only person who had this fear of going away! My partner and kids want to go away to spain this summer, it's been 2 years since I last went, and I had a similar experience. It was dreadful. Can you let me know if you went away in the end, how it went and any coping techniques you tried. Not sure if I can put myself through it again. Thanks.

allenkain
06-28-2016, 03:23 AM
My family and friends disagreed and told me that traveling would be a huge mistake. They didn’t think I was strong enough to deal with unfamiliar situations and were convinced I would be home within a week. In a way, their lack of faith in me spurred me on. I wanted to prove that I wasn’t as weak as they thought I was.By the time I left, my anxiety had improved, but I was still suffering from panic attacks anywhere from once a month to several times a day. In the four years I’ve been on the road, though, I can count the number of attacks I’ve had on two hands. Despite what everyone told me, travel can actually help you overcome your anxiety.So don't leave to go on Vacations.

Kirk
07-01-2016, 07:52 AM
Back in June 2012, my wife, our daughter and myself flew to Madrid Spain from Dulles airport. It was around a 9 hour flight. I am now 59 and was 55 at the time, and have had health anxiety off and on since I was around 25 or so.
I was OK, but then while in Madrid the first night, I started getting skipped beats. I began to panic and wanted to leave. Anyway, I toughed it out and ended up being OK. When I got home I ended up going to
the ER here in Baltimore as they began to get very bothersome. My heart checked out OK and my physician increased my Propranolol LA dose from 60mg to 80mg once a day and they subsided.
I still get them, but not as bad. For myself, I try to tough it out, as I don't want to cheat myself out of enjoying my life as much as I can.

Amethyst
07-06-2016, 09:29 AM
I too feel much anxiety before going on a trip especially by air. It is not the plane that bothers me so much as
worrying what will happen when I get there. Will my vacation be too long and will I want to leave early? Will I like the hotel room?
I always travel alone and I have no one to talk with on the way or when I arrive. I usually have a good time when I
go finally but I am very nervous. And I worry about my cat at home who is getting fed.
Even my medicine doesn't help so much. There is no one at all I can go with.