PDA

View Full Version : luvox emotional havok

boxer1
03-17-2011, 11:47 PM
I've been on 25mg of luvox I went up to 50mg but went back to 25mg after harsh physical symptoms nausea flu like symptoms increase in panic. So I've been on 25 for about a month and it
Has been causing some severe emotional problems similar to bpd I'm diagnosed as panic disorder and pure ocd. My emotions fluctuate rapidly I get angry for no reason I get random racing thoughts my mood goes up and down like a roller coaster I'm wondering has anyone had similar side affects from this or any similar ssri.

boxer1
03-18-2011, 01:20 AM
Well I'm beginning to think that the medication is uncovering a personality disorder such as borderline something of that nature I've tried lexapro and it sort of helped it did increase panic attacks so hopefully 3rd times the charm and if the meds dont alleviate my ocd or anxiety and don't cause a lot more unwanted sides I think I'm just going to go at it the natural way I've been talking to a therapist and it helps but one of my things was needing constant reassurance to confirm that I wasnt developing a serious mental disorder and I don't want to go back to that if I give up on medication because I'm a whole lot better from where I was other than stupid side effects from the drugs

boxer1
03-19-2011, 12:46 AM
What do u think the chances are that I have a psychotic disorder laying dormant under the ocd and anxiety

boxer1
03-19-2011, 01:40 AM
Sometimes I think I see and hear things violent thoughts mainly images sometimes I think I'm going to actually believe I have some sort of special ability or words are going to really have special meanings and just everything someone with psychosis would feel

boxer1
03-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Going on a year now I think close to a year I've only been in therapy for about 6 of those months and going to the psych for 4 visits now I guess they both assure me that I'm not going crazy or schiz or anything other than just "simple" pure o and panic disorder but sometimes I feel like my thoughts are too in depth to just be and detailed to just be anxiety ex. Sometimes ill day dream about something completely irrelevant to what I'm doing like I was walking through a wooded part of a job site and I started thinking about walking down a hallway and I got scared cause I started thinking what if I actually believe I was just walking down a hallway. Also I seem to day dream a lot and the similar fears arise

boxer1
03-19-2011, 09:20 PM
No I have had thoughts like these since before the meds but the meds don't really make the intrusive thoughts words it just wreaks havoc on my emotions and more panicky and nervous this is only my second med I've been on