PDA

View Full Version : zoloft

scall
03-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Hello all. So recently started taking generic zoloft at 50mg a day. My doc prescribed it to me and I was so nervous about getting my blood work done and all that i didnt eat anything. Then I took the pill at around 3:45. Well around 5:15 I had diarrhea.

My question is basically is that normal? Is that a temporary side effect of the drug?

thebsuguy
03-23-2011, 11:28 AM
I have taken zoloft for three mounths. I did not get any kind of diarrhea, However, this is a side effect of it...Im not sure if it will go away or not.

In my experience, Zoloft was not right for me. It did absolutely nothing for me, I was slowly increased to 2mg untill I began to have server muscle twitching and shaking.

Zoloft takes weeks till it is effective. So you will know if it is the right drug for you after a few weeks. Keep in contact with your doc. and he will probly slowly increase your dosage. What ever you do, Do not stop taking it without disusing it with your doctor.

Also note, just because It wasnt the drug for me, doesnt mean it wont work for you. If it does, FANTASTIC! if it doesnt, there are plenty of options out there that your doctor will discus with you. For now, give it time.

lifeconfusion6179
04-14-2011, 04:24 PM
could be just a reaction to the high dose since you were on an empty stomach. im surprised the dr. started you on that dosage. usually they start you at the minimum and then go up as needed. I took zoloft a couple years back when it was new to the market for like 4 months. Didnt feel anything when i started and when i stopped cold turkey no side effects whatso ever. i dont know who would swear by it but its was a stupid drug for me. so far lexapro was the only anti-depressent that i used that i actually felt better on even though i dont use anymore.

Mustang09er
04-21-2011, 08:02 AM
could be just a reaction to the high dose since you were on an empty stomach. im surprised the dr. started you on that dosage. usually they start you at the minimum and then go up as needed. I took zoloft a couple years back when it was new to the market for like 4 months. Didnt feel anything when i started and when i stopped cold turkey no side effects whatso ever. i dont know who would swear by it but its was a stupid drug for me. so far lexapro was the only anti-depressent that i used that i actually felt better on even though i dont use anymore.

I have been taking Lexapro for the past 2 days. I have felt nothing but nausea, dizziness, and headaches. I'm pretty sure this is not the drug for me. I don't really want to take something that will make me feel like this for 48 hours, whether it is just the first couple days or not. I don't have motivation to take something that is going to make me not want to do anything but be inactive and not feel well. Anyone have this same problem or recommend something else that helped them?