PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety slowing education advancement

SaganDawkins
03-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Had anxiety from 10th grade throughout high school,actually stopped going the last 3 months of senior year because it was so bad and got diploma using online school shortly after my class graduated.I am currently 20 and feeling rather depressed about all my friends being in school while im on the back burner.Was in retail for first job and anxiety wasnt too bad surprisingly,I just know that it amasses around people my age especially,so my question is this:Has anyone completely or is currently in the process of going to college online?I feel like its the only way to proceed most of the time.

Robbed
03-13-2011, 04:28 PM
I myself would deal with the anxiety problem before pursuing an education. Or, at the very least, start slowly with education. Maybe try taking just a class or two at a local junior college. As for online classes, some schools (including junior colleges) offer online courses. But I don't know much about the quality of these courses. I can also tell you that they are probably not the best idea if you plan to get a technical degree of any kind. Such degrees require lab time - something you WON'T get with an online degree. And this could certainly affect your ability to get a job after earning your degree.