PDA

View Full Version : New case

apointcollapsing
09-13-2006, 12:08 AM
Hi. I'm a college student (older one . . . took major time off) who has been suffering form generalized anxiety disorder, and Major Depression (although two psychiatrists I have seen believe it to be Bipolar Disorder) most of my life. Any other college students dealing with anxiety? I'd really appreciate some insight into how to cope with such stress successfully. Also, I have an extensive history of psychiatric drugs and therapy techniques, so I'm more than willing to talk to anyone who desires such correspondence. And basically, hi.

gnggingar
09-18-2006, 05:35 PM
hello - i also suffer from gad and depression. this has been ongoing for about 10 years now, I am 34 years old and just decided to finally go on meds after seeing a therapist ad trying self help techniques. For me, gad runs in my fa,ily and i am the first to seek help. i started to talke the 10 mg starting does of lexapro about 6 days ago and it started to work immediatly with minimal side effects. The first day I was a little spacey but since then I have been much happier. You may want to consider it.