PDA

View Full Version : Decaf coffee is kind of like kissing your sister

j2005
03-09-2011, 12:11 PM
So, I really miss coffee, but the caffeine does crazy things with my body; only since I had my first panic attack 1.5 yrs ago. I was taking hydroxycut at the time which is basically caffeine in a pill...I get bad symptoms let alone it's response with anxiety. I live in Europe so I'm reminded every day I pass a cafe how much I miss coffee. And I find they dont really do decaf over here.

Knowing that caffeine freaks me out...I'd still like to drink it again.
Has anyone been able to gradually work caffeine back in and work through the anxiety?

James

LocoLobo
03-09-2011, 04:07 PM
I keep it to one cup a day. The rest of the day it is sweet tea for me, which I have read contains very little caffeine. Anything more than 1 cup and I will be a wreck the rest of the day.

notmyself30
03-09-2011, 06:48 PM
I miss caffeine!! I never really thought about it until my cardiologist told me that it would make my anxiety worse. Also I am not sure if this is 100 % right but LocoLobo I think that tea has more caffeine then coffee.. Double check but I'm pretty sure that is was I was told. being from Florida aka "THE SOUTH" we live on sweet tea and I miss it so I make my own at home with decaf teabags and sugar!! I went to my best friends house tonight and had a cup of decaf which was soooo gross!!

LocoLobo
03-10-2011, 06:41 PM
I keep it to one cup a day. The rest of the day it is sweet tea for me, which I have read contains very little caffeine. Anything more than 1 cup and I will be a wreck the rest of the day.

This is what I found:

Drink Ounces Caffeine (mg) mg/oz
Coffee (Drip) 8 145 18.1
Tea (Brewed) 8 47 5.9

A big difference, but I drink ALOT of it. Maybe I should cut down lol.