PDA

View Full Version : no progress and a bug increasing my anxiety

richy1991
03-07-2011, 11:52 AM
hey all

was wondering if anyone has any tips for me that could help me get over the last part of my anxiety?
for the last 2 weeks i havnt really had any progress with my anxiety
i still have the little random spells of sadness in the day and the big spell of depression/anxiety in the evening around the same time
along with the lack of interests and loss of libido

i feel like the anxiety has turned into more of a depression
and i feel like i could get over all of this if i could just forget about it all together
any little tips would be nice
thanks

also i have came down with a bug today and it is not helping at all because alot of the symptoms remind me of the anxiety and im getting down because i just feel like its one thing after another

just any help that will get me over this last hurdle would be much appriciated
thanks
richy

j2005
03-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Whatever helped you get this far will probably help you work through it completely.

Here's a tip for the immediate issue--blame everything on the cold

Success in curing anxiety is to reframe what we are experiencing; when you get a headache, don't immediately think brain tumor, think it's just a headache, I'm okay, millions of people get it, and it will soon go away.

It's easy with a cold; you can simply reframe what you feel and connect it to the cold.

But, whether it's a cold or not, I think it's about how we interpret our symptoms.
And where we take them.

James

richy1991
03-08-2011, 03:42 AM
hey james
thanks for your input

yeah i have been doing that, but its not the cold/flu thats getting to me, its the memories of my anxiety the cold/flu is bringing back as the symptoms are very similar

cheers
richy

Robbed
03-08-2011, 06:38 AM
for the last 2 weeks i havnt really had any progress with my anxiety

One thing you have to remember about anxiety disorder is that recovery does NOT mean steady, upward progress. Progress generally comes in a rather uneven manner. It can sometimes occur steadily. But only for a time. At other times, it seems like you are not really making ANY progress. And at times, it can seem like you are slipping backwards - sometimes for no good reason. But just when it seems like you are headed back to ground zero, you suddenly feel 500% better the next day! This is the way recovery is. In general, you get better over time. But that doesn't mean that every day is going to be better than the previous day.

richy1991
03-08-2011, 08:13 AM
yeah i understand that now
but i really have slipped the last two days cause of my bug, it has majorly depressed me

cheers
richy