PDA

View Full Version : weird feeling of anxiety

transam1170
03-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Hi just wondering if anyone experienced this sort of experience my anxiety has been gettin better but I still get this weird feeling of I guess isolation is what my buddy said like detached feeling during the day sometimes , then towards the night before I go to bed I feel very good or better could anyone know what this might be? Could it be nerves? Should I see a neruroligist? People said yes and people said no so any ideas?Thanks

sky
03-05-2011, 12:10 PM
I think that's dissociation or depersonalization. I get it during REALLY bad panic attacks. Is it sort of like, you know you're right there, but it feels like you are not part of your own body?

transam1170
03-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Is there a medication that can work? Or something without need that will work? Thanks

Brittany
03-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Sounds like depersonalization for sure. There's a lot of medications that could work. Have you tried any anti-depressants yet?

Robbed
03-08-2011, 06:53 AM
There's a lot of medications that could work. Have you tried any anti-depressants yet?

Antidepressants can actually make this symptom even worse. In fact, derealization is quite a common side effect of antidepressants. With this said, there really isn't anything you can do to make this symptom just go away. However, it will abate as your stress/anxiety levels lessen. So try to worry less about this particular symptom (as well as other anxiety symptoms). As you already know, this symptom is not permanent. And it is not a sign that either your anxiety disorder is permanent OR a sign that a more serious mental condition is imminent. By worrying less about this symptom, your anxiety will abate. And so will this symptom. However, be patient. Nothing happens quickly when it comes to recovery from anxiety disorder.