PDA

View Full Version : what causes the bummed put feelings i get?

transam1170
03-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Hi, again I get bummed out feelings one day , then more in likely anxiety the next, it like sometimes switches on me , and makes me lose interest in some things, then there's days where I'm pretty good does anxiety cause this back and forth deal? And I heard the tyrosine helps with this, can it be used with Klonopin ? And what does the tyrosine exactly do? Thanks

Robbed
03-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Medications that inhibit the reuptake of norepinephrine and serotonin may be effective to treat depression. These drugs stop the waste of these chemicals but again what if it is not there to use in the first place . Often drugs will help with one brain chemical and deplete another .

When it comes to the way that medications work, there are other problems (and possibly bigger ones) than the issue of these chemicals not being there in the first place. One is whether or not neurotransmitter levels are really even the problem. Although the pharmaceutical companies REALLY push the whole idea that problems like depression and anxiety are the result of a deficiency of serotonin, this has NEVER been proven. Furthermore, there are no lab tests than can show that you have a serotonin deficiency. Another problem is that, even if serotonin deficiency IS a problem, it is very likely that this serotonin deficiency is restricted only to certain parts of the brain. But taking a drug such as an SSRI is going to increase serotonin throughout the whole brain. This, in and of itself, is going to create a chemical imbalance in the brain which can possibly be detrimental. And this likely is the reason behind SO many of the side effects of SSRI/SNRI antidepressants.

As for tyrosine, I couldn't tell you for sure whether it is a problem to take this with Klonopin. But I have never heard of a problem with taking tyrosine and Klonopin together. Besides, as forwells said, tyrosine is an amino acid which occurs naturally in dietary protein. Furthermore, tyrosine is a precursor of catecholamine neurotransmitters, such as dopamine, epinephrine (adrenalin), and norepinephrine (noradrenalin). Klonopin, on the other hand, is a benzodiazepine. And benzos have no effect on any of the catecholamine systems. You might want to ask a doctor to be certain, though.