PDA

View Full Version : COME HERE!! I NEED HELP!! PLEASE IT WONT TAKE LONG!!

pink_lady00
09-06-2006, 03:43 PM
OK so like i get really scared that ppl are going to kill me. like at night, if i hear any noise out of the ordinary (paper falling, ect...) i get all scared i can't move, and it gets kinda hard for me to breath...when i was babysitting once, i got SO scared i had to fake sleep (kids already sleeping) the only person i've told about this is my brother. oh-ya i'm 14 (hes 15), i tried to tell my mom but i start to cry everytime i start. i don't know what to do :(

shoe
09-07-2006, 10:54 AM
sorry, had to delete the last two posts in this thread, as well as another thread you started pink_lady, as it wasn't getting very pleasant.

Just so ya know, this isn't an instant response forum. people here volunteer their time and energy to help others. this website is not run by professional therapists, but by regular people who suffer from anxiety disorders.

having said that, its okay to be scared of things at your age, but if it truly causes you a lot of distress and paralyzes you with fear regularly, I think its best to talk to your parents or to a school counselor or someone if you feel this is a serious problem. If you can't talk to your mom or dad, try writing a letter instead?

You can try looking into a bookstore someday in the self-help section for some books on anxiety and stress if you like. It might help you get a better grip on whats bothering you.

good luck

killingmeslowly
09-07-2006, 10:28 PM
had to delete them? but i was having so much fun!

pink, these thoughts are irrational and anxiety is irrational as a whole anyway (there's nothing wrong with feeling such things.) you may also want to talk this through with a doctor but i also recommend you think about why you have such feelings and when they first started.

at your age i'd recommend you try and stay away from the medication option, which should only be used as a last resort, and seek other therapies instead.

you may also write a letter to yourself, and do so often, to record your progress. regardless, seek opportunities to share your thoughts with others (like on here etc) and not let them fester within youself.