PDA

View Full Version : Very Confused ????

phalangus
02-24-2011, 10:18 PM
im 23 i had my first panic attack 5 days ago i was sitting in passanger seat i had hot flash light headedness couldnt breath legs wobbly and vomiting. ever since ive been pretty anxious and had 1 more attack and throughout the day ill get really anxious and vomit and i have lots of headaches. cause i cant help but think what if i have another attack. ive been to doctor and been prescribed wellbutrin sr and trazadone but i still feel anxious are these good for anxiety and since it just showed up randomly can it go away randomly?

notmyself30
02-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Welcome

I hate that you have to go through this, it's a very horrible experience. Everyone is different and all symptoms are different. Try breathing exercises when you start to feel panic. Also if you decide to take the antidepressants be aware that you will probably feel worse before you feel better. The meds did nothing for me but like I said everyone is different. Good luck and hang in there things will get better.

T

Robbed
02-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Also if you decide to take the antidepressants be aware that you will probably feel worse before you feel better. The meds did nothing for me but like I said everyone is different. Good luck and hang in there things will get better.

T

I would also add that you should resist the temptation to jump right into medication. In pretty much all ways, antidepressants are overrated drugs. Yes, they help some people. But they are just as likely to make you feel worse. Or they might do nothing at all. And you could have a hard time getting off them. But even in the best of cases, they will NOT cure you. They will only mask symptoms. My recommendation is to try nonpharmaceutical treatments (ie CBT, self help, exercise, diet, etc) before resorting to medication. Chances are, these things will both heal you and make you a better person. And medication can NEVER do these things for you.

j2005
03-01-2011, 02:24 PM
keV and T are exactly right...I've prayed many times for this to go away; and I'm getting better with time, patience, a few friends, a few CBT sessions, the Linden method, and a lot of changing the way I think of it...which is the hardest part; when having a panic attack, it's hard to say, nothings wrong with me...when I feel like I'm dying.

If you got checked out by Thr doc, and you know it's anxiety it's time to start working through this...it's not like a headache and you take Tylenol; you've got to make some
changes in your life...

James