PDA

View Full Version : Chest Vibrations---Normal??

notmyself30
02-14-2011, 05:17 PM
I have been off all Meds for over a week now and I still get chest vibrations (feels like I have a cell phone over my left breast and it's constantly ringing on vibrate). Is this a side effect of anxiety???? Has anyone else had this feeling?? I have gone to the cardiologist and while wearing a heart monitor I noted when I felt this feeling but my heart rate never changed according to the monitor. I also had 2 EKG's and an echo-cardiogram. Help!!

Itz Omi
02-15-2011, 10:42 AM
I've been having this lately, too. I'm not worried because I've read it is normal for anxiety!

clay
02-15-2011, 10:47 AM
I've been having this lately, too. I'm not worried because I've read it is normal for anxiety!

Itz Omi - you say you aren't worried because you know it is "normal" for anxiety but then don't you counter argue with yourself that maybe a symptom you are discrediting because it is "normal" for anxiety may actually be a real symptom of a real illness?
I don't say this necessarily specifically about chest vibrations or to upset the original poster of this thread, I say this because I have these arguments with myself. such as today my mental argument is "I have this pain in my lower right abdomen. it is "normal" to have stomach pains from effexor-withdrawl and anxiety. but MAYBE I'm ignoring something serious! afterall, even high-anxiety people must get real health problems sometimes. maybe it really is something serious and if I don't go to the hospital it could get worse! and I might die! and what if I'm home alone when it gets worse and I have no one to help me!"

Itz Omi
02-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Don't you think everyone here counter-argues? Of course I do. Our whole lives (those of us with HA) are about counter-arguing. Heck, some of us don't even stop to ask themselves if it's "normal for anxiety" but fear they've got one foot in the grave right off the bat. At one point, though, we have to put the breaks on and look around us. If a large percentage of anxiety sufferers have a certain symptom, which is more likely: it's caused by anxuety, or we all have the same disease?