PDA

View Full Version : Needs help

Saintsfan
02-13-2011, 04:49 PM
OK I am 35 yrs old and I guess anxiety issues and maybe all of you can help. I want to go places but once I get to the place, like a place to go get a drink, I want to go to I circle the place and leave. It happens all the time. Don't even ask me to go talk to a female because I just can not. It seems like I am watching the world go by.

The only thing is when I go to a sporting event, movie, or restaurant I can go in with no problem. I don't understand.

Any help would be appreciated.

whats
02-13-2011, 06:51 PM
The "idea" of what "getting a drink" at one of those places represents is the exact thing that for someone like us is made particularly difficult. I'm not expert and really just realized how freaking bad I've gotten...but I would say go with a friend if possible? Walk in with them? This one is tough.

Itz Omi
02-15-2011, 10:55 AM
So is it like a "rejection anxiety"?

danstelter
02-15-2011, 03:10 PM
What are the thoughts/fears running through your head during the time right before you attempt to enter a public place? Are you afraid you'll have to interact with others and that the focus is on you, whereas in a sporting event the focus is on the players?

Saintsfan
02-16-2011, 01:46 PM
I am just afraid to talk to people and people would stare at me and think I am a fool or something. I would guess I realize that I would have to talk to people. On the other hand I want to go to the sports event but I guess the focus would not be on me. I have no idea.