PDA

View Full Version : Eating triggers anxiety?

Skinzzfan
02-10-2011, 07:27 PM
I realized when I get FULL. My anxiety starts acting up. I can eat whatever I want and not get any anxiety symptoms. But when I get very full, that's when my anxiety kicks in. I've had my heart checked about 5 months ago. So I know it's not my heart.

Have any of you experienced this?

Spanky
02-10-2011, 08:36 PM
What do you mean by anxiety starts acting up? Is it heart related being you mentioned your heart in this thread.

Skinzzfan
02-10-2011, 09:48 PM
What do you mean by anxiety starts acting up? Is it heart related being you mentioned your heart in this thread.

Yesssirr. My heart starts to pound, like it does when my anxiety starts acting up. And then after my heart pounds for a while, I start getting small off and on chest pains, and feeling like I'm going to throw up. But that's probably just from eating too much.

Spanky
02-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Hmmm kinda sounds similar to me minus the throwing up. That and my chest kinda gurgles. Doc says it's anxiety and how I've changed my diet but I still worry since ive had no EKG or chest x ray done yet. It didn't do it prior to my anxiety so I'm sure that's all it is but I do wanna do the tests just to be sure

Skinzzfan
02-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Well the feeling of throwing up is just from over eating. But I'm relieved knowing I'm not alone.
And dude, I doubt it's anything with your heart. I think the same way, I still worry that MAYBE it is my heart. But concern for your heart and fear of heart problems is one of the most common anxiety symptoms. I try my best to make myself believe that it's the anxiety.

cazg27
02-17-2011, 04:47 PM
For a long time, before i knew i had anxiety, i would always feel worse after eating. It was as if i had convinced myself that i felt ill after food. I would feel very dizzy and lightheaded and sometimes feel sick but after i realized that the food was not making me feel this way, that he anxiety was, then i could eat in comfort. I think we try to pin point triggers for our attacks and can then actually convince ourselves that it is that which is causing the problem.

Terry
02-20-2011, 12:05 PM
I get this too. First I thought I was hypoglycemic or had diabetes. For some reason it triggers anxiety, heart racing, dizziness, the whole works. Glad that I'm not the only one.

anxiousirish
02-20-2011, 01:15 PM
when i had my first anxiety attack thats how it occured,i was full and thought it was my heart aswell

notmyself30
02-20-2011, 06:54 PM
I too have had this happen. If I eat to much or if I skip a meal I feel more anxious. I have had my heart checked and it is fine the cardiologist told me it's due to anxiety and to stay away from caffeine!! I have not had a drop of caffeine in a month and I see a little difference!