PDA

View Full Version : Hello...I new here

laurajaneo
02-06-2011, 05:39 AM
Hi. Just writing a few words to introduce myself. My name is Laura and I am 32 years old. I recently moved from the UK to Spain and am in the process of registering myself as self employed in Spain. The process is causing me a lot of stress and worry. I'm trying to do everthing right but it's all a bit later than it should have been and the implications on my life and my partners life are going to way bigger than we anticipated. I am trying to keep things in persective but I fear losing everything and everybody I love because I wanted everything to be done correctly. I visited the Doctor and am on Lorazepam while I wait for the Citalopram to start working. It's keeping me calmer but am quite sleepy, probably as I'm taking a bit more to get me through the day as well as the night. Want it all to stop. The anxiety and paranoia are in danger of destoying everything...I'm scared!

Literophile
02-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Hang in there, Laura.
First off, are you aware citalopram is a blood thinner? I wasn't when I started taking it and boy was I in for a surprise as I have a blood disorder already. Second, take a few deep breaths and remember that if they love you they will come back to you, even if they separate for a bit. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true. Lorazepam is a good abortive medication for anxiety, so you're doing well already. And yes, it makes you woozy--I take it in emergencies. *hug* You can do it. Things will get better.

EDIT: Err... abortive means it will stop an anxiety attack in its tracks when you are already having one. Similar to the term preventative--abortive is just a more active medication.