PDA

View Full Version : Hi! Almost better but some stress still lingering

dancecircadance
01-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Hi everyone! I am Kyle and I am 15. About a month and a half ago my anxiety started, and it is almost entirely memory-based. It started because I felt gross about something that had sexually aroused me, even though it was nearly half a year ago. It makes no sense because I literally didn't think anything of it the day after it happened. So why something so long ago? I was really confused and didn't know it was anxiety at the time, so my mind was constantly chattering to the point where I was physically sick and had depersonalization. I didn't tell anyone for a few weeks and it was gradually getting better, so I thought I was fine. The next day I totally broke down from irrational thoughts. I told my parents and I'm now exercising regularly and taking B vitamins and other supplements, and also eating a healthy diet. I never get super anxious anymore, it just seems like when I get over one thing something else from my memory that didn't bother me at all before pops into my head. I get morbid images too sometimes, but I don't give them a reaction anymore, and I think it's helping a lot .I've learned a lot about anxiety and how you can't let your thoughts control you but some stress still lingers and sometimes my mind chatters without me even noticing. I can't exercise right now though because yesterday I found out I have the flu and I haven't been sleeping well. Just needed to get this out - any extra advice? thanks for reading :)

jostbas123
01-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Hey,

I would continue to focus on how you are getting better and working hard at beating your anxiety. Anxiety tends to make you forget that you are getting better and makes you feel hopeless. You can have a great week and then one day you have anxiety and you feel like you have had it forever. My advice is stay focused on the positives, things are looking up, continue to work out, and talk about how anxiety makes you feel.

I also struggle with anxiety. My anxiety makes me feel like I am not in control, but i do things that I can control like working out and talking to my friends and family about my anxiety. These things work.

You are in control of your anxiety and your thoughts. Continue to stay positive.

Best Regards,

Josh

Zuena
01-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Baby Steps.. that is what it takes.

I have been 90% anxiety free for over 4 months, but at times it still gets to me.

Most important thing I learnt is not to give in when you have one bad day. Anxiety (the physical side of it) takes YEARS to build up, and it takes just as much time to retrain your brain and completely get rid of it.

Keep up the good work.

Good luck. Z