PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice/help/feedback

MMccoy
01-15-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm 22 years old and recently graduated from college. I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder about a year ago and have a past of eat disorders (age 12 to 19). I'm on both Wellbutrin for maintenance and Klonopin for panic attacks and they both work quite well. Recently my anxiety has gotten worse (trying to find a job, transition period after graduating college, etc.) and unfortunately the release is throwing up or just not eating at all. It makes me feel more in control and I literally feel an emotional release after. I know I need to get help for it before I completely revert back to my eating disorder but it's all very overwhelming. I can't tell my parents because the will over-react. My boyfriend who I live with is a great support system and does his best to help and understand but unfortunately you can't ever really understand what its like to have an anxiety disorder unless you actually have one. I really need some feedback or advice or anything. Anyone who has dealt with this that can provide some kind of help.

alwaysaworrier
01-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Hi Mccoy
totally understand what ur saying my anxiety takes over my life i started with depression and since i stopped smoiking weed im in a constant state, im on so much medication.. have u been to the docs to see if they can provide you with some beta blockers? sickness tabs helped me that the doc gave me as ive only just really started getting my appetite back but ive lost 9 pound in 7 days due to not eating so i totally know how u feel. u wanna be sick to get the nervous feelng out of you? xx