PDA

View Full Version : Hi, is this weird?

tootsieroll
08-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone, I am new to this site but it is great that all these people get together to support other people. Last night there was a house fire and it wasn't anyone that I knew or anything but when I seen it I got very shaken up, I called 911 and everyone was saying someone was still inside the house. I tried my best to stay calm without having my anxiety act up but it didn't work. after about an hour of trying to fight off my anxiety it didn't work so i had to leave the situation. I eventually calmed down, but than later that night when I came home to go to bed I had very mild chest pains and of course started to freak out about them.is it weird that I experienced this when I had no idea who these people were and than to come home and have chest pains? they didn't last very long and it was just when i would lay on my stomach. I have very bad anxiety and i tend to over analyze everything. Is this normal the way I felt??? Today I still feel a little shaken up, I woke up to an anxiety attack

anomie
08-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Hello,
I think everyone who saw the fire close up would be disturbed, especially if there was possibly a person still in there. But for most people they'd tell their friends and forget about it. It's only someone who suffers from anxiety who would be shaken up and be much slower to get over it. I don't think it's weird, it's understandable that such an unusual upsetting event would crank up your anxiety levels. I'd be fretting about it and buying newspapers for ages trying to find out what happened and if everyone was ok.
Hope that helps
Anomie