PDA

View Full Version : Physical effects of Anxiety

Zuena
01-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing actual physical affects of anxiety.

I have noticed a few.

Hair loss!

My hair is very long and it is always been very thick and healthy. For the last year though, my hair has been falling out at an alarming rate, to the point where when i tie it up now, I can feel how much thinner it is. I used to wash my hair every other day or so, but now I do it less often because my hair comes out by the handful when I do. I have noticed lately that I have a zillion short hairs where the new hair is growing out because I have been using a treatment. Has anyone else experienced this?

Nails!

My nails have never been the strongest but I have found, also over the last year or so, that they split and break at the drop of a hat.

Skin

I find that I get spots easier and my skin is generally in a bad condition.

Has anyone experienced this? Things are better now that I have kicked the anxiety out the door but I am still worried about my hair falling out.

Zuena

j2005
01-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Hi!

Like KeV, I've been turning great a lot quicker...but, I've noticed since my anxiety my hair has thinned out; what treatment are you using?

mamadrama1985
01-05-2011, 07:17 PM
yes me too same thing it comes from stress.... my hair is always thick and healthy too i too have stopped washing my hair as much and i thought during the winter your hair was suppose to thicken. and nails i have no answer for that one because my nails have always been weak for whatever reason. they will grow long and healthy and then they break again.

hope this helps
MamaDrama

j2005
01-05-2011, 11:37 PM
No Kev; not Razz....but he must have been cool with that kind of a name

ss_worrier
01-10-2011, 01:32 AM
Pretty sure I developed crohn's disease partly as a result of lifelong-anxiety, it acts out whenever I have anxious periods. My jaws are in constant pain whenever I have anxious periods, and yes, I have also started loosing a bit of hair -- though not too much -- and I'm 21.