PDA

View Full Version : Scared and confused...

sadandconfused
01-01-2011, 09:29 PM
My name is Tony and I'm 24yrs old and I've experienced so many symptoms for a good couple of years but recently I've been experiencing something that is extremely scary and I don't know what to do.

For the past couple of days I feel like I can't breathe properly, like I can't take a deep enough breath and I'm always yawning to try to catch my breath. I've also felt like so much energy like I'm high on a suger rush especially through out my arms, hands and chest. When I go to lay down and try to sleep I can't because of the anxious energy I have which causes me not to sleep. I also have body jolts when I'm sleeping. Is this all anxiety or something else?

Zuena
01-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Tony,

Yawning is a classic symptom of anxiety - it's because you don't breathe properly.

About your body jolting you awake, this usually happens when your brain is trying to keep you awake for some reason - you might be afraid or extremely tense and it is your body's way of keeping you alert.

It's all anxiety.

Zuena

j2005
01-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Tony,

Yes, it is anxiety. The need for the deep breath was my first symptom of anxiety. And I've dealt with it ever since, it comes and goes, but I've never gotten rid of it completely. I just accept it and don't focus on it; and it improves in time.

If you notice when you are very preoccupied and intensely focused on something else it goes away, but then when you think about it, it returns. A medical condition would remain or get worse when you get busier.

Hang in there, symptoms of anxiety come and go, you're fine.
James

sadandconfused
01-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Thank you guys for helping me keep sane. I'm currently having the yawning breathing problem right now and its so annoying. I have another question though, for 2 years I've had a burping problem that comes and goes. Its not a regular loud burp that comes out of your mouth. Its more internal whereas if I burp it happens in my stomach and feels like a small explosion and it happens constanty throughout the day. Is that an anxiety symptom or is it something else?

j2005
01-02-2011, 03:01 PM
There is a lot of research out there that reveal a connection between GERD and anxiety; perhaps you are experiencing a minor symptom of this; I've found that I only need to be concerned to see a doc if it continues for 2-3 weeks; coming and going could be other things