PDA

View Full Version : Too Scared to Answer the Phone?

scatmantom
08-01-2006, 12:46 PM
On my mobile screen I can see who is trying to ring me. But I am too scared to pick up and talk to them! This is the case when old friends ring up...I dunno why Im such a coward. This summer I have the perfect chance to get to know a few very good school friends again but I am unable because I am too anxious about meeting them again. Has any1 got any advice?

Jono_aussie
08-03-2006, 06:24 PM
just take a few deep breathe's and pick up that phone whats the worst thing they can say? it could be a relief to hear them again, and maybe it might bring up your confidence to meet with them

scatmantom
08-04-2006, 06:21 AM
well ive spoken to them and im going out tonight with them. Im very nervous about it but im going thru with it. Just wish I didnt have these problems :cry:

Jono_aussie
08-05-2006, 12:22 AM
good on you, just take small steps, we all wish we didnt have problems like that

scatmantom
08-05-2006, 01:04 PM
well its the day after. I went up into central london to some trendy bars and night clubs....and it was totally brilliant. I kept wanting to leave but I forced myself to stay out. I feel like I can do that again now so its 1 more thing I have accomplished :D

Jono_aussie
08-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Thats good see you can do it, ive got my own traveling fears im gonna have to face, i can just imagine that feeling when you had to meet them, but u managed to overcome it so its all good