PDA

View Full Version : Bad panic attack today, help?

madhatter
11-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Today I suffered an extremely bad panic attack at work today. I was a little anxious already today, so my heart rate was a little up. My right leg felt a little cramped here and there, but i didn't really pay much attention to it. After a couple hours, all of the sudden I got this feeling like I got pushed back violently. My vision spun a little, and my heart started POUNDING. I went into a full blown panic attack from this, and am laying on my couch, heart rate still a little up.

I'm terrified to go back to work now. I've had about 5 of these happen to me in the last year and a half. Went to CBT for a little bit, and am not on any meds. Does this feeling happen to anyone else? Could it be something physical?

JerJer
11-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Hey buddy, Just so you know I have had this many many times. I have had my heart up to 162 beats per minute. I had panic attacks on subways, and just walking out my front door or in an elevator. My vision starts getting crazy and I feel like I just took some LSD. I've been to countless hospitals and doctors and they all tell me there's nothing wrong and my final diagnosis was psychological. But your lucky, I have had this in crowded public places alone, and strangers had to come help me. Drink some warm water and chamomile tea throughout the day. How are you feeling now?