PDA

View Full Version : hope, then fear. repeat.

swan
07-25-2006, 09:41 AM
i don't know quite what to say. i'd just appreciate some extra help with this crippling anxiety of mine, maybe a support system, as i'm essentially fighting this horror by myself. i guess we all are. which is what makes anxiety so lonely, and frustrating.

my girlfriend is lovely and brilliant, and appreciates my level of self-awareness, and commitment to not give in beneath the weight of my worry, but i need to stop doing what i'm doing to her (for some reason i am very easily threatened, scared of a million little things, and i pass on my fears to her and make things awful sometimes, often enough that i'm sure i'm making her confused and frightened, and worried that i won't be able to somewhat 'normalize' myself, ever).

i'm taking Cipralex. have been for almost eight months. never thought i'd take medication but decided that my fear of medicating myself was more selfish than sensible. i feel better but far from where i want to be.

anyone want to share with me? i'd love to help - i've had a long and difficult go of it, but i've definitely made some wonderful progress. i could use some warmth, and maybe some advice, and in turn i promise to reciprocate to the best of my abilities.

maybe it's this last stretch that's going to be the hardest. that scares the hell out of me.

swan
07-26-2006, 10:35 AM
twenty-five views and not one welcome. guess i'll move on.

Robin
08-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi ~

I'm sorry nobody welcomed you.....I haven't checked in for a bit until today so I just saw your post.......and believe me, I know what it feels like to be reaching out and nobody seems to wanna reach back. Makes you feel even lonlier.

I'm Robin......and just like you, I'm facing some struggles. But unlike you, I haven't conquered my fear of medication, so I'm making a go of it without. I envy that part of you.......I doubt I'll ever feel comfortable. I won't take anything stronger than Junior Strength Tylenol!