PDA

View Full Version : whirling sound in my ear

boxer
11-07-2010, 07:58 PM
I was laying in bed and I started hearing a weird noise down inside my ear like an electrical whirling sound in my left ear it kinda stop when I got up and it was this an auditory hallucination or a symptom of anxiety

rwmoon
11-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Hard to say. I sometimes sometimes feel like one of my ears will go deaf or I will hear ringing. Symptoms can be different for everyone. Probably was nothing unless it happens again.

Silachoo
11-07-2010, 09:58 PM
I get it too boxer, Its anxiety bro, keep reminding yourself that no matter what the case and no matter what the symptom, remind yourself that anxiety is the culprit

Go to God, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you

forwells
11-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Howdy Boxer

it was this an auditory hallucination or a symptom of anxiety

Its just anxiety . Nothing nasty and is super common with anxiety and in fact is one of the first signs i know that i am getting stress I will have to turn the radio down because it annoys me .

To take it one step deeper you have to remember that anxiety is all about the human bodies nerves being on edge .
Well there are over 10,000 in each ear and this is why you get symptoms on your hearing . It also works the same with the eyes .

Dont give it any power and it will fade away .

cheers kev :D

Robbed
11-08-2010, 01:23 AM
Electrical 'whirling' sound in your ears? Sounds like simple tinnitus to me. Tinnitus is something that everyone has to some degree. But it can become quite noticeable if you have ear problems such as an ear infection. Of course, it is probably not so worrisome if you have an infection, since you know exactly why it is there. But it can also occur due to stress and anxiety. And this causes LOTS of anxiety sufferers LOTS of problems. However, like other symptoms of stress, it is not in of itself harmful. And it will decrease as stress levels decrease. So, as others here have said, try to worry less about it. Because the less you worry about it, the less you will stress. And the less you stress, the less of a problem this tinnitus becomes.