PDA

View Full Version : anyone recommend a healthy fast weight loss program or b

andrila
11-06-2010, 12:06 AM
I have been dieting since January, and I have only been able to lose 19 pounds. We leave for a cruise in less than a month. I really would like to drop at least 10 lbs. before the cruise. I can't fit into any of my clothes at this weight. Besides I am not comfortable here. I have tried the South Beach Diet, Five Factor Diet, Abs Diet for Women, The Skinny and Atkins. I exercise every day--walking 45 minutes to an hour. I weight lift 5 days a week. And I am so frustrated. I am not evern losing the 2 lbs a week that most experts say is the healthy amount to lose. I am hungry all the time, so the 6 small meals a day are the best thing for me. I am desperate. But I want to be healthy. I am not willing to starve and just lose water weight that comes right back. I am 45 years old, and I gained a lot of weight on an anti-depressant. I have since stopped the anti-depressant, but now I am really struggling to lose the weight, esp. the belly weight. Has anyone found anything that works for them? I have cut out sugar, refined carbs, etc. I try to eat lots of fruits and veggies. I also eat lean protein. But nothing seems to budge this weight.

chinese tonic herbs (http://hyperionherbs.com)

Zuena
11-06-2010, 12:34 AM
After reading the book "I can make you thin" by Paul McKenna, I have lost 28lbs, so far.

I am still working at it.

He's basic idea is:

When you are hungry, EAT.
Eat whatever you want.
Eat slowly, ejoy your food.
When you are full, STOP.

Obviously it is a little more involved than that, but it's worked for me.

Z

andypaul99
11-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Hi andrila , i think you may be doing the wrong type of excersise if that makes sense.

For weight loss you need to focus on more Aerobic excersise, id personally ditch the weights, and if you do really want to continue use lighter weights but with more reps (maybe 15-20 if you can).

If you have been lifting heavy weights with low reps it will cause you to gain weight in the long run.

Speed up your brisk walking and try to get a light jog in, even if its for only 20 mins. If you can get your heart pumping a little faster it will start the fat burning proccess a little quicker and more efficiently.

By far the best way to loose weight however is cycling, and if its unpractical to go out due to weather etc, why not sign up for a spinning class at your local gym, it may initially seems like hard work (try 30 mins to start off with) but the fitness benefits are massive.

hope this helps

Andy

Robbed
11-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Another thing to remember is that, when it comes to weight loss, 'healthy' and 'fast' don't belong in the same sentance. Losing weight fast also GREATLY increases your odds of gaining it all back again. In order to lose weight and keep it off, you REALLY need to give your body a chance to get used to weighing less.