PDA

View Full Version : Excited

tconnorbok
11-04-2010, 09:34 AM
I am really happy today that I have found a theropist that I feel is really going to help me a lot with my anxiety. She is really a go getter and that is what I like. She sat down with me and explained to me why I have the feelings I do and the thoughts that just keep replaying over and over.
It was great to have someone explain how anxiety affects us and the mind and how the body works when we get stressed to the max. Her first few sessions is to educate the person about anxiety and all its symptoms because they do change and it can be alarming but when we are educated we can coupe more with the feelings. This is the first step to recovery.
She has been helping people with anxiety for over 30yrs and it is just really nice to talk with her. She told me that her daughter had OCD really bad and that is how she got into the practice. She is an expert in CBT and very confindent that she can help me get over this and get my life back on track but that it could take a while and it was also up to me on how hard I wanted to work. That kind on confindence is just what I need.

I just wanted to share this with everyone.

Have a good day.

Charmbracelet81
11-04-2010, 09:37 AM
That's great news! I have been in therapy for over a year and it has helped so much! I am now in the "extinction" phase and I love that!
#1 thing is be patient with yourself, and don't obsess or put a time frame on getting better. ;)

Itzomi
11-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Wow, that's fantastic!! I wish I had the same luck!!

Please keep us informed how it's coming along! :)

tconnorbok
11-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Yeah, I will keep everyone informed on how the progress goes. I can't wait to get started. I was really lucky to get her from what others have told me. Also, people that have gone to her for help said that she is amazing.

Itzomi
11-04-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm excited for you. Can't wait to hear how it works out!

Robbed
11-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Wow, that's fantastic!! I wish I had the same luck!!

Please keep us informed how it's coming along! :)

I wish I had the same luck, too. Unfortunately, Oklahoma is a bit of a drive for us here in the Golden State (let alone all those folks here from places like the UK and Australia). However, what we really NEED is for people like the original poster to let us here on the forum know about particularly good therapists. After all, there are SO many duds out there who will do nothing more than relieve you of that pesky cash of yours (or worse). If we actually hear that someone had particularly good luck with a therapist, then our chances with that therapist are THAT much better (although, in all reality, the jury is still out with this particular therapist).