PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety - not me!

AdyB
11-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Hi everybody,
I am in my early thirties and have suffered depression since my late teens , my late teens and early twenties were very much blighted with severe panic attacks and symptoms that go with it .
I now have a beautiful little 3 year old girl and am blessed to have a job, home and wife ..but as many of you will know i still bare the traits of yester year, i avoid alot of outings..don't mind them ..the taxi/coach back is a no no , never been to a concert. great ! a stag do, ah ... it is not on my own door step..can't face the travel , all the poor excuses come out.
Like i said , have the Job , part time business and do portraits as an additional "hobby" - I appear to be great , funny , confident involving , whats stopping him?
I many of you will sympathise with this , some people would never guess your ailment and for the others believe you /me at my peak i couldn't disguise it, but time has healed alot of things and i have far too much knowledge to "PANIC" now but the anxiety still remains.
yes as a parent i fully understand the shear anxiety of losing , leaving or the "cancer" finally getting me.
I am glad to have found this site , your more than welcome to contact me or just comment , knowing your not alone or that many others are in deep at moment, coping or seen the back of all this is encouraging , we can help the worst get better, maintain the coping and inspire to be the beaters :)