PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety, stomach aches, cramps?

madhatter
11-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Hello everyone. I have a few questions. I've had anxiety for over 2 1/2 years now. I'm curious about something.

When my anxiety usually happens, my stomach starts aching. Sometimes it's really bad, like an acidic feel to it, and sometimes it's a dull ache to the point that it feels odd to catch my breath. It's because of my stomach that my heart starts racing, I believe. Or it could be the other way around. All i've been told is I have anxiety. I've gone throught CBT and am doing a lot better with my anxiety and panic attacks, but my stomach pain is still there. It prevents me from doing things I would want to. Does anyone else have this problem?

I've also been reading up on candida infections, and some of it fits my condition, but has anyone else had these symptom(s)? Any help would be appreciated.

gaara
11-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Hello everyone. I have a few questions. I've had anxiety for over 2 1/2 years now. I'm curious about something.

When my anxiety usually happens, my stomach starts aching. Sometimes it's really bad, like an acidic feel to it, and sometimes it's a dull ache to the point that it feels odd to catch my breath. It's because of my stomach that my heart starts racing, I believe. Or it could be the other way around. All i've been told is I have anxiety. I've gone throught CBT and am doing a lot better with my anxiety and panic attacks, but my stomach pain is still there. It prevents me from doing things I would want to. Does anyone else have this problem?

I've also been reading up on candida infections, and some of it fits my condition, but has anyone else had these symptom(s)? Any help would be appreciated.

Did you do the CBT on your own or did you go to a therapist?

Itzomi
11-02-2010, 02:53 PM
You kind of have to be careful if you are researching Candida. A lot of the sites are secretly backed by ThreeLac (popular anti-Candida product), and I hear they're not entirely ethical. The information isn't 100% accurate.

Anyway, Candida is common, but I'm not sure if that's your issue. A lot of people have stomach issues with nervous conditions. It doesn't sound out of the ordinary at all!! :)

Klyn
11-02-2010, 11:31 PM
I have the exact same thing, but only when I get severely anxious.
Usually my heart starts beating really fast and then my stomach goes crazy. It's normal for sure.

madhatter
11-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Did you do the CBT on your own or did you go to a therapist?

Therapist.

madhatter
11-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Klyn, alright, thanks for that. It's hard to tell what comes first, the stomach aches, or the anxiety, or the heart rate.

Zuena
11-08-2010, 11:59 AM
My ex mother in law is quite an anxious person and she has all these fears - like she is soooo terrified of birds she wants to go crazy when any form of flying animal comes near her.

She has an issue with going to the library. She loves it there, but everytime she goes she gets a terrible stomach ache. It's obviously something psychological, maybe she has a bad memory attached to the library. As soon as she leaves, it disappears.

I always thought it weird until I started battling with anxiety.

Z